SARASOTA MANATEE AIRPORT AUTHORITY - OPEN POSITIONS:
Effective July 1, 2009, the Sarasota Manatee Airport Authority is a Tobacco Free Workplace and will not hire any applicant who is a user of any tobacco products. All applicants will be required to sign an affidavit affirming they have not been a user of tobacco products for at least one year preceding their application of employment. In addition, applicants will be screened for tobacco use during the new hire drug screening process. All employees hired based on applications received on or after July 1, 2009 must remain a non-tobacco user. Tobacco products include cigarettes, cigars, pipes and smokeless tobacco.
FAA SECURITY JOBS
Opportunities with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) can be found on the USA Jobs website or by phone at 1-877-872-7990.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the job application:
TO APPLY FOR ANY OF THE POSITIONS LISTED ABOVE, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
1. In order to comply with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) criteria, we can accept only those SMAA applications with an original signature and date. Please, do NOT send your application to us via e-mail. Instead, print and complete the SMAA application then sign and date it. Mail your application to the address shown on the signature page of the application form or FAX it to 941-359-5024. Only SMAA application forms will be accepted.
2. Applications must be submitted by 4:00 PM on the posted closing date. Minimum qualifications must be met by the closing date in order to be considered eligible. Résumés may be submitted as supplements, but cannot be accepted in lieu of an application.
3. Applications must contain original signatures and current dates. Résumés, Veterans' Preference documentation, reference names, etc. must be submitted at the time of application. In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, appropriate identification documents verifying eligibility for employment will be required for those applicants who are hired.
4. The Sarasota Manatee Airport Authority participates in the U.S. Government E-Verify Program. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
5. Your application will not be considered unless complete answers are provided to all questions on the application.
6. The Airport Authority's Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace Program requires that applicants take and pass a drug and nicotine test prior to being hired.
SARASOTA MANATEE AIRPORT AUTHORITY - EMPLOYMENT INFO
The Airport Authority is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free Workplace employer. The Employment Hotline number is 941-359-2770 Option #3. Current open positions are available on the hotline 24 hours a day. For your information, the Airport Authority does not hire for airlines, gift shops, janitorial services, baggage handling, or other businesses on airport property. Please direct those inquiries to the appropriate business entity. The Airport Authority does hire for the following departments:
- Engineering & Environmental Affairs
- Finance & Administration
- Airport Police
- Airport Fire (ARFF)
Applications are not accepted unless there is an open position available. Only Airport Authority application forms will be accepted. Resumes cannot be substituted. If you want an application mailed to you, please call 941-359-2770 Option #3 and leave your name, complete mailing address and the title of the open position for which you are applying. An Airport Authority application packet will be mailed to you. Completed applications must be submitted by 4:00 PM of the closing date in order to be considered eligible.
A new application must be completed each time a position is advertised, even if the same position is advertised again. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview or will be notified in writing when the job vacancy has been filled.
Preference in appointment to certain positions will be extended to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.To receive Veterans' preference, documentation must be submitted at the time of application.
Good luck in your job search!